The retail e-commerce industry is booming, with 5.7 trillion USD in global sales in 2022. And scaling combined with a great customer experience matters most here.
So, you must go with an eCommerce solution that can help you grow and scale easily.
Here we will stack WooCommerce against industry eCommerce standards. By the end, you will know why big eCommerce stores still use WooCommerce in 2023 😀
5 Reasons Big Stores Still Use WooCommerce
Firstly, it’s an open-source platform with considerable flexibility, scalability, and customization options. Now let’s find why big stores consider WooCommerce:
1. Security & Reliability
WooCommerce is hosted on WordPress, which is known for its security and reliability.
- All transactions are securely handled and encrypted using SSL technology.
- You don’t have to worry about any data breaches or other issues with your store.
- Plus, since WooCommerce is open source, you can customize it easily.
- You don’t have to deal with vendor lock-in or compatibility problems.
In 2022, WooCommerce had 36.68% of the market share! It can handle any number of products, orders, or customers.
Your business can easily manage millions of customers and products without breaking a sweat as it grows! Here’s how:
- You can work with any hosting setup
- Get on-demand loading times and caching features
- Work on customized product displays and pages
- Use third-party services and integrations hassle-free
That’s how WooCommerce’s scalability helps the big stores.
WooCommerce offers a wide range of features and customization options. Something you won’t find in other eCommerce platforms. You can create:
- detailed product categories
- custom attributes
- discounts for specific customers or groups of customers,
- manage inventory levels more effectively
- and much more.
It provides powerful real-time analytics tools that track customer engagement and sales performance. With these tools, you can track every click, view, and purchase on your site to better understand what’s working (or not).
4. Integrations & Add-Ons
One reason the WooCommerce market is expanding like crazy is its many integrations and add-ons.
You can integrate easily with a variety of third-party apps and services, such as:
- Various Payment gateways (e.g., PayPal and Stripe)
- Various Shipping carriers (e.g., UPS and DHL)
- Various Email marketing tools (e.g., MailChimp)
- Various Accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks)
And more — making it easier than ever to manage all aspects of your store in one place. Hundreds of add-ons are available to extend the platform’s functionality even further if needed!
It’s not just powerful but also affordable. WooCommerce is free to use (but a few features may need an upgrade).
It makes it ideal for small businesses with little money to invest in their online stores but still want a robust solution to meet their current and future needs.
eCommerce Stores Takeaway
Still, people think WooCommerce is just for small stores, but that’s quite the opposite.
With WooCommerce, there’s no limit to the number of products you can add.
So, if you’re starting a store with a sizable catalogue of products, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow your selection.
All without sacrificing speed or performance